Thursday, September 9, 2010

Finding The Good

Every day is filled with moments. Every moment can set off an emotion. Every moment can be taken a billion directions.
It is important for me to notice moments throughout the day. I feel if I don't notice, give attention to, and appreciate them, good or bad, I will take advantage of my day. In a completely non-religious way, everyday is a gift.

Moments
...I enjoy the moments before I open my eyes in the morning. I can feel my significant other starting to wake. He pulls me close. I can feel his restlessness and unwillingness to get out of bed. Morning kisses...a start to the day.These are my first moments...joyous bliss.
...I saw a boy on the street this morning. He was holding the hand of a little girl, who I will assume was his sister. This scene made me smile. I saw innocence, and love.
...A woman I work with who I am learning from. She's an older lady who I have taken to look at like a grandmother. I never really had a grandmother. I appreciate her spirit, and she always tells me she appreciates mine. I enjoy my moments with her.
...I smile at a man in the store, and it is not returned, instead he looks at me as though I asked him for money.
...A woman yells at her children as they are pulling items off the shelves

It is easy for moments to change our attitude, our state of mind, and our behavior. I too often allow negativity to enter into my life and into my heart. A man may cut me off in traffic, or someone may be really rude on the phone, but I am the only one who can control how that effects me. Find the good...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...