Sunday, November 20, 2011

Super Suck Sunday

I am doing the SUCK first, because the Super is just too SUPER to followup with stuff that sucks… Anyways…

SUCK

  • Not drinking enough water before Hot Yoga. I mean, the 90 minute class's intention is for you to suffer and push yourself, but this was just ridiculous. I was so parched and off balanced. I will NEVER do that again!
  • The temperature was 28 degrees the other morning. The complete reverse feeling of hot yoga. I wouldn't care as much if I didn't have to let the dog out into the frigid morning. I felt bad for him! Would YOU want to crawl out of your warm bed and pee in below 30 degree weather? Probably not. 
  • Starbucks people are supposed to be the best, right? You know, star quality? Why can't they figure out my beverage? I only change one thing about it, but they just can't get it right! Really screws up my morning. 
  • The Oregon Ducks lost last night. The game was so intense and stressful that for a majority of the game I was pacing back and forth in front of the T.V. After they lost, I got a bloody nose. Seriously… a bloody frickin nose. Noah can vouch for me; no lie. 


SUPER


  • Thanksgiving is next week. This is an easy one. Not only do I get to partake in the eating-until-you-can't-eat-one-more-bite-then-take-a-nap-and-eat-some-more tradition, but the boy and I get to go home and be with our families. Now THAT's something to be thankful for. 
  • Roller Derby! I love it. I love pushing myself. I love the community that I have been welcomed in to. We get uniforms soon, and I have applied for my Derby name. Apparently the application of a derby name is a pretty big deal. Who knew? 
  • We get our first produce box tomorrow morning! We will now be getting our produce from local farms, and it's delivered right to our door. Check it out: Full Circle Farm
  • Things that seem to just happen serendipitously. Okay, so for you to fully understand how crazy this is, I must give you the backstory.  BACKSTORY:  My Saturday class usually gets out at 4 PM. The night before, my professor let's us know that we will only be going until 12:30, as he has to go out of state. I had been wanting to buy a book, but couldn't decide if I wanted a hardcopy, or if I wanted to just buy it on my iPad (I know.. tough decision). Instead of heading straight home after class, I decided to go to the University Bookstore. I have a Gift Card and figured I can just buy the book. As I am standing in front of the rack of books, I see there is a line forming. I ask the lady in front of me what it's for. With a smile she says, "It's for the book you're holding. Mindy will be here at 2." I look at my watch. It's ten after one. "What? Mindy is coming HERE?" The lady responds with, "Yeah! She's going to sign books! Go buy one, I'll hold your spot!" My spot just happened to be tenth in line. The women (almost the entire line of about 200 people, were women) around me asked me if I had any idea. I didn't! NO IDEA. I just wanted to buy her book! The story gets better….     


So, there I was. About to meet Mindy Kaling from NBC's The Office. I walk up, I have my book ready for her to sign, and my phone ready for this awesome photo opportunity. She (as in Mindy) says, "Oh my gosh, I love your scarf! And look at your nails! They're like mine! We're sparkle twins!"*Her and I both had sparkly nail polish on. Almost identical shades.

At this point I am completely starstruck. Not only am I in front of someone who I watch on T.V. every Thursday night, but she is complimenting me! SHUT.UP. We pose for the picture. 

I just happened to be in the right place, at the most perfect time. If my professor wouldn't have shortened the day, if I would have decided to purchase it on my iPad or elsewhere. If I would have decided to go straight home. Crazy. And so random… 

Here's the proof:                                    




I am about 150 pages into her (autographed) book and it's hilarious. Even if you aren't an Office fan, if you're a chick and like to laugh… read this book. Even if you don't like to laugh, this book would be good for you. 





Click HERE to view her book



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...