Friday, April 15, 2011

Rockin' Latte' Girl


Have you ever sat in class for seven straight hours, two days in a row? Most people would answer no. Most people SHOULD answer no. It’s grueling, tiring, and completely uncomfortable. All this aside, these weekends spent in windowless rooms are actually enjoyable, thought provoking and worth it.

While I love getting up at 7 AM on a Saturday to sit and discuss power, privilege, theory and strategies to save the world of utter turmoil…do you know what really gets me out of bed??

A damn good latte’.

That’s right folks. The alarm goes off at 6:45 AM and I lay there thinking about a hot- freshly brewed-16 oz.-coconut-soy-latte. I am addicted. Fortunately, there is a fabulous barista right behind the Social Work building. She makes a rockin’ latte'. It’s always the perfect temperature, perfect amount of coconutty flavor AND the best thing of all… she knows I always have my own cup (GO GREEN, remember??)... WHAT A DOLL!


Tomorrow's class will be spent discussing counseling theory... 
I'll survive all seven hours…and I'll owe it to the rockin' latte' girl. 

2 comments:

flamegirl said...

Are you sure that is the only reason why you like the coffee?

Christina said...

Just saw this comment. And to answer… there are several reasons. ; )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...