Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Dylan


Amnesty International recently released Chimes of Freedom, the new 75-track, 80-plus artist collection that celebrates 50 years of both Bob Dylan's career and the good work done by the human rights organization. 


I have been in love with Dylan since my Senior year of high school when I heard "Masters of War" on vinyl. I've seen Dylan live three times. He speaks to my soul. 


I know I will not love every song on this CD. Some of his lyrics just can't be fully heard unless they are straight from Bob. But putting "artists" like Miley Cyrus and Ke$ha is a punch to the gut. Really? Ke$ha cries her entire way through "Don't Think Twice, It's Alright". I mean, c'mon girl. Alcohol is a depressant… were you unable to put down that bottle of Jack for just one second so you could tastefully lay down the iconic track? What a bitch. And Miley… oh Miley… I'm still recovering from your horrid "Climbing that mountain" song…double bitch.












All bitches aside...The lovely Adele does an amazing cover of Dylan's, "To Make You Feel My Love." I am biased because I adore Adele. and this is one of my favorite love songs of all time.  



The man himself… 
Dylan's, "Masters of War"


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...