Friday, January 6, 2012

In the News: WA State's Same-Sex Marriage

In the words of Vice President Joe Biden, "This is a big f***ing deal."

Washington State's Governor, Chris Gregoire  stated yesterday that she supports same-sex marriage and will propose it to the legislator to legalize it in Washington state.

YES!!!!!!! 

I could go on-and-on about the issue of same-sex marriage, but I will leave it to these 3 points (clearly I am getting political):

1) Denying same-sex right is discrimination in its most pure and simple form. Marriage should not be a heterosexual privilege.
2) No Church/Religion should determine legal policy.
3) If Kim and Kris can be married for 72 days and then divorce, Becky and Sara… John and Bill  have the RIGHT to display and celebrate their love through the union of marriage.

Bravo Chris Gregoire, bravo.











I am looking forward to the day where I get to show my love and commitment to someone. Regardless of who is waiting for me at the end of that isle (male or female), the right to that special day should be available to me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...