Thursday, March 29, 2012

In Love: Derby

I had my first derby bout a few weeks ago. I was nervous the entire day, and was certain I was going to throw up or pass out. Luckily, I had awesome fans to support me. Thank you. 


I have been skating since September, and I have fallen in love with the sport. Not only does it work and challenge me physically, but derby requires a lot of mental toughness. It's easy to get intimidated, I mean… these chicks look badass. Fortunately, I have been welcomed into a community of kickass women who are motivating and inspirational. I am constantly being reminded that while I have teammates whom I look up to, there are others who look up to me. For example, while at the game, a little girl came over and asked me for my autograph. SERIOUSLY?! How adorable! I signed the program: 


Peanut Brutal, #24 



What a feeling! 

Putting on ripped nylons, tiny booty shorts, pads and a helmet is awesome. Where else can you do that? I feel sexy and fierce. Our next game: April 29th. Bring it on. 


My mom and #1 fan

Jammer 


Derby 


Check this out, our bout was blogged about:  Click Here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...