Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Three Years

He's the boy who always gave me butterflies, but I never knew why. I loved his smile, his laugh, and that certain way he looked at me. 



While parting ways one night, we hugged and without any hesitation I kissed him on the cheek. That night I received a message: he liked the kiss.



He asked if I wanted to take a walk. We walked to the bridge high above the treetops. We talked by the light of the moon. He held my hand while laying under the stars. He kissed me until early morning. 



Our first date he made me vegetarian lasagna. He was nervous; it was delicious. Our conversations were honest and open. My stomach doing flips. He's so wonderful. 



"I'm afraid I'll fall for you," I said. "Don't worry, I'll always catch you,"he said. 



Notes left on the pillow. Surprise gifts. Doors held open. Kisses on the forehead. Movies. Basketball games.Trips to the coast. Morning coffee.
Lunch dates. Dinner plans. 



On his bed we sat, holding hands. Both nervous. Those three words have never meant more to me.

Three years later, he still gives me butterflies and the "I love you's" are even stronger. 

Noah, I adore you. 




 

The song he wooed me with 3 years ago. :)




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...