Tuesday, February 28, 2012

As a Vegetarian

    
To all my friends and loved ones… please take note.

My Pet Peeves


1) When people attempt to give me crap or make fun of me for being vegetarian.
2) People who think it’s a phase.
3) People that can't imagine a diet that doesn't include cow, pig and chicken as staples. "So, what do you eat?" or "You must be sick of vegetables." 
4) The "how do you get your (protein, calcium, iron)" people.
5) People who think I judge them for eating meat, or say, "Oh, sorry...you must think I'm disgusting." I wasn't judging until you said that.  
6) People who think I must be lying and cheating because I "look too healthy" to be vegetarian.
7) People who think they're clever and provocative for saying things like "plants are alive too", "but there is leather trim in your car so you aren't really vegetarian."
8)The "Oh, this steak is TAASTTY!  Don't you want to try it?" and "I could never give up my hotdogs and hamburgers!" people.
9) The people who ask me if I eat fish as a vegetarian. It's an animal, isn't it?
10) The people who worry about me at a restaurant. "Is there anything you can eat here?” “Oh look, they have salad, or there’s a veggie sandwich..." Thanks for the concern, but I’ve ordered from a menu before.

    
So knock it off…. meat eaters. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...