Friday, February 24, 2012

Superhero Status

My career goal as a Social Worker is to assist in the prevention of recidivism. Regardless of what crime they have committed, working with the offender population is a passion of mine, and I advocate for people who don't have a voice.

I am excited to say that I have made my first true impact on the cycle of incarceration. My client, whom I have been working with for a few months, will be released from custody soon. When he is released he will have full access to housing and mental health/chemical dependency treatment. He is prepared for the difficulty that will come, but he said that for the first time, he's doing something that's good for him.

This is why I do what I do.

I am so excited for him.

And I feel awesome….

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...