Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Valentine's, Birthday Flight, Pops & Downton Abbey

The long weekend was jam packed! Of course, I took photos to document.



My lovely card, roses and special present waiting for me when I walk in.

Noah's been interested in making cocktails at home, so I thought I would encourage that. :)
*Isn't the bag adorable?
 
Now, for Noah’s birthday, I had a wonderful surprise planned. Quick note here: I am terrible at keeping surprises a secret. Historically I get so anxious that I just blurt it out! I was so excited about this one and determined to keep my trap shut. Luckily, it was perfect.
Noah had no idea where we were headed, but we had coffees in hand and we were on our way. He tells me now he had a few ideas, but after passing through Seattle and the Boeing Air Museum he wasn’t so sure. It wasn't until we pulled into a tiny little airport in Renton did I say, “Yup. We’re going in a plane!”
We had 30 minutes or so.Our early arrival is a symptom of my anxiety with surprises: I rushed us. Noah used this time to mentally prepare himself for boarding a 4-seater, tinker-toy of a plane.





The flight was an hour long and we flew northeast and then back down along the Puget Sound. The pilot even let Noah take off! There was some turbulence that nearly made us lose our breakfast, but the views were incredible. Seeing the city from the air definitely gave us a different perspective of distance, and how massive some houses are!

 


After the flight. Feet safely on the ground.

The rest of the weekend was spent stomping around downtown, hanging out with my dad, eating good food and shopping.

My Pops and I being weird. Note the ass to the right who awkwardly photo bombed us.

Also, we are now completely invested in a new (to us) show. We started watching Downton Abbey on Friday, and we are already halfway through the second season. Geez! Talk about BINGE VIEWING!
I absolutely love Lady Sybil… can’t stand Mrs. O’brien and Thomas, and have fallen in love with Mr. Bates. I know the third season is nearing an end, so I am trying to avoid the internet. How have we been missing this show? I have tons of school work to do, but we MUST finish season two!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...