Monday, April 22, 2013

A Trip to the Tulips

The weather held out and we were able to visit the Tulip Festival on Saturday. While there weren't blue skies, and it was a bit chilly... it didn't rain!



 




There are signs posted everywhere, "Do not step between rows." I'm a rebel, clearly.


I love when nice strangers offer to take our photo. :)










After the tulips, we got lunch and splurged on dessert. Look at this gigantic Cream Puff!!! Even the server didn't think we could finish it!


We proved him wrong.
Also, Happy Earth Day!!

Every day I try to make an effort to care for our planet. I always have my reusable grocery bags, I try and reduce my amount of waste, and I recycle, recycle, recyle! Did you know, the concept of Earth Day came from a Wisconsin Senator in 1970? Americans took to the streets to demonstrate for a healthy, sustainable environment in massive coast-to-coast rallies. You don't see much of that now.  
If you're interested, check out the video below.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...