Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I, Anonymous

Ever have someone who really ticked you off? A complete stranger? Someone who cut you off in traffic? That person at the restaurant who gave really bad service? It happens to everyone… and we NEVER get to confront them about it! 

Why? Because we are rational human beings and can understand that it would be socially inappropriate to approach and inform them on how completely ignorant, rude, mean and stupid they are.  Well, I often visit The Stranger and they offer a very interesting and healthy column entitled: I, Anonymous. Anyone can write in and just vent about something (usually someone) that really pissed them off. It's fabulous, and fabulously entertaining! I am going to give it a shot: 

Please Stop

You may think that I enjoy our conversations about your trips to Grocery Outlet, and how/when you floss your teeth…but I don't. I know you may be perceived as a cute little old lady that just wants someone to talk to, but you're weird, you smell funny, and you don't understand personal boundaries. I don't like it when you creep up from behind me, scare the shit out of me, and then act like it was not intentional. You walk like a deer...IT WAS INTENTIONAL! Stop apologizing when you "overhear" conversations and then decide to insert yourself in them. Do you not understand social cues? You were not invited into this conversation. Please stop eating my food; I know it's you. Stop staring at my cleavage. Stop asking about my dog AND especially my cat. I act young, because I am young. My clothes will be different than yours, because I am not in my sixties. Among all things, please stop talking to me about Survivor, your jaw pain, hip pain, your creaks and cracks, and finally… your church. 

- Anonymous 

*I understand that this is not "technically" anonymous, but you get my point*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...