Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Top 6: Causes I Support

It may not be a surprise that a girl who is studying to become a social worker would be interested in different organizations that promote human rights, assistance for those in need, and progression. 
I feel blessed for the opportunities that I have, and realize how privileged I truly am. I enjoy supporting efforts that I feel passionate about, and have a special connection to. 


Here are my Top 6 efforts/ organizations I love to support: 




1) Etsy For Charity: 
Etsy is an online shop and all items are handmade. All proceeds go to the listed charity. 
Click HERE for more info and to shop around! 


2) Work Opportunities: 
Work Opportunities is an agency that provides vocational services to individuals with disabilities. They are non-profit, and work hard to promote equal opportunities for employment. The participants create fabulous art work that is sold to support the great work they do. I have a beautiful stepping stone! 
Interested in learning more? Click HERE




3) TOMS: 
For every pair of shoes purchased, TOMS will give a new pair of shoes to a child in need. 
This goes far beyond stylish shoes, but allows you the opportunity to protect a child from disease and injury. Someday, I hope to participate in a shoe drop. 
Click HERE to drop TOMS, not bombs. 


My bestie got me these! 




4) FCKH8.com 
FCKH8.com’s latest video takes on the forces of H8 behind the “Teachers Can’t Say Gay” Law in Tennessee. FCKH8.com will give 25¢ for every Facebook “Like” or Twitter tweet of the new video - up to $25,000 - to the Tennessee Equality Project! With a portion of every T-shirt sale donated to charities fighting for equal rights, they've raised over $250,000 for the cause.
Click HERE to buy an awesome shirt like mine: 


5) Out of the Darkness
This is a fundraising event and all proceeds go to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. Last year I raised $250 for my team. 
Click HERE to learn more 

In Loving Memory of Shawn: October 2010



6) The 'It Gets Better Project': 
As someone who identifies as Bisexual, I have a strong support for this project. I believe that everyone has a right to express every dimension of themselves- and who you love should never be ridiculed. Support Dan Savage in his efforts to spread the word to the LGBTQ youth that - it gets better. Click HERE to sign the pledge - or purchase a t-shirt. Mine will be arriving in a few weeks! 



So, there ya have it. Here are a few efforts I feel strongly about. I challenge you to take a look at what's out there…and show support for something that's important to you. 








Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...