Saturday, June 11, 2011

Top 6: Cool things I have done since graduating from college

Today, another class walked across the stage to grab their diploma and officially graduate from Western Oregon University. Congrats! I can't believe it's been two years since I almost slipped and fell in my red robe. 




What have I been doing for the past two years? Well, lots of things, but here are my …


Top 6: Cool things I have done since graduating from college

1) I moved really far away from home. Of course, this is something I have always wanted to do; live in Seattle. But this was a BIG deal. Especially since it was a move the Boy and I were making together. Exciting, and scary! 



2) Started my first professional career.   It was was pure luck that I got the first and only job I interviewed for. At the time, I didn't even know what the job really entailed. Now, almost two years in - I love my job, and I love the way it has impacted my perception of the world and the work I want to do.

3) Explore the Great NorthWest. There is so much to do around here. We are just a few miles from the city, from the mountains, and minutes away from the Puget Sound. It's been so much fun getting out and exploring.
Hiking on Mt. Si
Noah's first Ferry trip - on our way to Kingston

First time Snowshoeing 

Rat City Roller Girls



4) Applied, was accepted, and started Graduate School.  This was the true reason I wanted to move up here. So far it has been a dream, and I am thankful for this opportunity everyday. 

5) Doggy Owner! I have turned into such a freak, sometimes I don't even recognize myself. I love this damn dog. We go to puppy classes, dog parks, puppy play dates, and even doggy day-care. Who am I? Who cares, but this is Theo! 



6) Old friends and the new. Throughout it all, I have managed to remain close to my friends back home, and make new wonderful friendships here. There is so much to be grateful for. 
Mariners game with the lovely Karylin, Geoff and Noah
Brilliant women who make class amazing 
The best camping crew
This is what happens when Mel and I get into PhotoBooth
Sebastian - my adopted nephew. I made him that onesie:)  "Not A Meat Eater"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...