Monday, June 20, 2011

The Gift of Sight

I have been wearing corrective eyewear (i.e., glasses or contacts) since I was 6 years old. SIX! I can't remember a day where I woke up and could see the time, or my own face in the mirror. Doing so would be a miracle. While I was not blessed with great vision (thanks, Dad) I have been privileged and fortunate enough to have always had glasses or contacts; not every one is so fortunate. 


As you may know through THIS BLOG POST I enjoy supporting organizations and movements that do good in the world. TOMS, known for their shoes…. has developed a brilliant new movement: Eyewear! 


For every pair of sunglasses they sell, a person in need receives corrective lenses. I remember the moment where I put on a pair of glasses, and could read the letters on the wall. Even now, at 24… I get excited when I can see just a little bit better (my eyes keep getting worse). I am excited to be a part of someone's experience of receiving sight. 


Of course they are a little more spendy than TOMS shoes. But that makes sense considering they are producing corrective lenses. They sell them on their website - but they're also at NORDSTROM if you're like me and want to go in and try them on. I'll be purchasing mine soon. 


I like these ones: 




The One For One Story 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...