Thursday, November 29, 2012

Ask Me Any Question...


…..….  so she asked me: 

How many times have you been in love?

My answer...


I tend to think things are love, and after all is said and done I look back and reevaluate. I don’t think it through, really, which is a good thing and a bad thing. I feel things at a really intense degree. This is something I have once tried to control but am now embracing. I don’t think it’s an option for me to fall in love slowly, or even at a medium speed; I either do or I don’t. I just leap into it, give my whole heart, and hope it will be treated with love in return.  How many times have I been in love? I don’t know. I could count, but I would rather not….A part of me feels like you can’t really say you were in love if it didn’t last. Isn’t love the gravity that pulls you and keeps you together?

I have approached the end to relationships as an opportunity to learn something. Don’t lose yourself. Accept love. Forgive. Walk away when it hurts. Fight for what makes your heart flutter. Never settle. The pain and disappointment of a break-up can seem unbearable. Focusing on growth allows the heart to remain open. 

My Love now teaches me something new every day. Smile. It’s okay to be wrong. Be passionate. Trust the process. It’s always worth it. Laugh. Daily efforts. Cry. Give. Give. Give.

I have a deep love affair with love, and sometimes I have no idea what I am doing.  All I know is if it feels good, and I am happy… I must be doing something right. At the end of my life, I will never regret the love I have held in my heart, or have shared with others. To answer her question, or rather evade it: next question?

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I enjoy your outlook on this. Love is complex. It can be an amazing thing, but sometimes ends in heartache. It's great you can walk away with reflection.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...