Friday, November 9, 2012

Random Act of Kindness

“Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.”
                                                                                                                             
                                                                             -Diana Spencer

This morning, while stopped at a red light, a man crossed the road and a gust of wind blew all his papers in the street. With the crossing sign flashing his countdown, I could see the man's anxiety rising. Immediately, a girl stops, kneels down, and gives the man a smile. She then quickly snatches a paper from flying into traffic. Much to my surprise, another person stops to help.

When all the papers were gathered, the strangers gave a few nods and they were on their way.

I have been shown this sort of kindness before, and then felt that fluttery feeling of wanting to spread the love. But today... I was an observer...I was a witness. I was inspired.



I was so inspired, I had to capture the moment. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...