Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Tip: How to tell Military Time

Just a quick tip for today.

Military time: It is used all over the world though not much here in North America. I have heard a lot of people have trouble translating the time when listed in military time – or a 24 clock – in their heads. I learned a trick as a kid, and here I am going to share it with you:

All I do is take away 2 from any number listed in military time (above 12) and drop the first number.

Examples:

1300 becomes 1 because 13-2=11. Drop the first 1 and you are left with a 1.

2100 becomes 9 because 21-2=19. Drop the first number from 19, the 1, and you are left with a 9.

I have tried to explain this to other people and they look at me like I’m crazy. To me, this makes perfect sense and I hope it does for you too. :-)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...