Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Intentions

Just as Mondays are treated as a day to start dieting, the beginning of the year is the time for resolutions. Last year I wrote about my commitments to improving, and with a head hung in shame I have to say I didn't succeed in many of them. I think I set the bar too high. I mean, really...a list of 10 was a bit ambitious! But…I won't call it a total failure.

While I didn't always take the stairs every time, in the year 2012 I did take on CrossFit. I have a list of ways this addiction (seriously, that’s what it is) has changed me. Being a part of this cult culture subjected me to the Paleo lifestyle, and therefore forced me to try new recipes. Lastly, one improvement I am very proud of… I have gained new friendships, and strengthened current ones.  

I will not be creating a list of 10 for this New Year. They seem to be more daunting than motivating.

However, I do have intentions.

In the year 2013…

I intend to remember that everything changes
I intend to practice kindness
And I intend to go bigger, look out, let be and let in love.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...