Sunday, January 27, 2013

I Choose Converse





I have been wearing Converse since grade school. To me, they've always been comfortable and worked with my style. Whatever my style is? I wore them while I served chowder during high school, and I wore them when I sliced bread through college. And now... I stomp them through downtown Seattle. So... You can only imagine my excitement when I noticed  Converse are an encouraged CrossFit shoe. What?!!

In the CrossFit world, choosing Chucks is not necessarily a stylistic decision (which is why I was excited) oh no...apparently there's science behind it, and my favorite shoe is ideal for lifting. As we know, Chucks have a thin, flat, hard sole. During a lift, minimum sole compression takes place before force is transferred to the ground to move heavy weight. A completely flat sole allows you to start, and remain, on your heels throughout the lift movement. 

As CrossFit gains popularity, popular brands are jumping on the opportunity to profit. Reebok is the main one, and they have a specific shoe for lifting.  While I like the shoe... I am not wanting to spend $150 on a pair I only wear to the gym**! I would rather stick with what I know, and design my own pair of Chucks.


** I am a shoeaholic. So yes, I would much rather save my pennies and drop money on something I can wear all day, every day. Like these, or these. Or... THESE?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...